I’m sold . . . Just tell me how to register!
Performance Intensive Event Weekend Registration
What’s Voiceover all about?
Voiceover is not about simply coming up with a “good interpretation” or “read” for a script. It’s all about creating compelling characters in interesting relationships . . . and that’s the essence of acting! If “breaking into voiceover” is your goal, you will need to learn how to act while reading from a script. In fact, the best acting sounds completely real—like it’s not acting! VO is a performing craft, and the more acting skills you have, the easier it will be to create a believable character for every script. If you are serious about learning voiceover, we do recommend taking other acting classes in addition to specialized voiceover training . . . and we suggest taking voiceover training from several different coaches. Unless you already have a strong performing background, a single voiceover class or workshop won’t give you all the skill and experience you’ll need to break into the business—or to produce a demo.
Acting talent is pretty much something you are born with. Some people have natural performing instincts and for others it takes time to learn the skills and performing techniques. And, to be perfectly honest, there are some people who are simply not destined to act in any way, shape, or form. Still, if you find that you have a passion for learning voiceover and you make a decision to at least take a serious look at learning the performing skills . . . we’re here for you! We can’t teach you to act . . . but we can teach you to be a better actor. And we’ll be happy to discuss your potential as a voiceover artist. One thing we won’t do, however, is to evaluate your voice or performing abilities after a short phone call. We’ve had far to many students who began with limited skills, or who struggled through their mastery of performance techniques, only to go on to become very talented and highly skilled performers.
I’m ready to register now using my PayPal account or credit card.
Performance Intensive Registration
Our training is different!
Our goal is to give you the best training and education in acting for voiceover that you will find anywhere - and that can take some time. Our primary training is our Weekend Performance Intensive, which includes nearly 6 hours of webinars and 2 very full days of hands-on, personalized coaching. After you’ve got some basic training under your belt, we offer very affordable on-going support and coaching through our Conductor’s Club membership site. Visit www.ConductorsClub.com for details.
The Art of Voice Acting Performance Workshop is all about using acting, voiceover, and performing techniques for more effective communication - and these skills can be used in every area of your life.
Because this workshop is all about your performance, you will - of course - get lots of time on mic! But, unlike most other VO workshops, we don’t put you in front of a microphone before you know what you’re doing. The first section of our workshop consists of a five comprehensive webinars designed to help you fully understand the performing concepts you’ll be working with when you are on mic. We encourage you to study the webinars before attending the workshop.
During the VoiceActing Academy Performance Essentials Workshop:
- You’ll get first-hand experience learning how to apply voice acting and performance techniques.
- You’ll receive personalized one-on-one coaching throughout the workshop.
- You’ll get the information you need to know to be successful as a voice actor and communicator.
- You’ll learn "tricks of the trade" and other tools you can use to immediately improve the way you communicate with others.
- You’ll learn acting and performing “tricks” and techniques that you won’t find in any other voiceover or acting workshop... anywhere.
- You’ll receive recordings of all of your on-mic coaching sessions to review what you have learned.
Take me to registration!
Performance Intensive Event Weekend Registration
All of our Performance Workshops follow
this Basic Format:
Each section of our Performance Workshop builds on the previous section to provide you with a well-rounded foundation in the essential performing skills you’ll need to successfully work as a voice actor. The Art of Voice Acting is a required text for this workshop.
- 5 3/4 hours of pre-event webinars - 5 Webinars that will give you tons of tools and techniques you can use immediately. These webinars are the majority of the lecture material for our Performance Intensive.
- Introduction to the Performance Intensive event
- Voiceover and Acting Basics
- The Seven Core Elements of Performance
- The IEEO communication strategy, wood shedding, script analysis, and fundamental acting techniques.
- All about character
- On-mic - Working with monologues to discover attitude, vocal tone and interpretation
- On-mic - How to create interesting and unique “real-people” character voices.”
- On-mic - Character voices, part 2 - creating extreme voices for animation and special applications.
- On-mic - Developing skills for timing, listening and responding - single-voice and dialog work.
- On-mic - How to find and tell the story in complex technical and long-form scripts.
Throughout the event we play lots of audio examples and you’ll work on-mic with lots of one-on-one coaching from James and Penny. Unlike many voiceover workshops, we don’t limit you to receiving only your recordings. You will receive the recordings of everyone in your group!f
For those students who choose to pursue voiceover, we offer a Voiceover Business Masters Class, and workshops on many other topics essential for your success in voiceover.
Call 858 484-0220 for more information and to register using your credit card, or . . .
Performance Intensive Event Registration
Click here for tuition information and to register now using PayPal.
Click here for workshop policies, payment options, and complete workshop terms and conditions.
back to top