USB Digital Conversion
- See prices and open a new tab or window by clicking on the "Buy" button.
- Click "Add to Cart" on the next screen to purchase.
- To add more products, close tab or return to this site.
- Your Shopping Cart will remain open until you exit your browser.
A clean recording, without interference, hum, and other unwanted noise, is a primary objective for any home recording setup. One of the components of your computer that is most likely to add noise is the sound card. A USB analog-to-digital converter effectively replaces your sound card and converts your analog source (microphone or mixer) into high-quality digital audio that your computer can use immediately.
As with microphones, USB devices come in a variety of prices and capabilities. For most voiceover work, a basic USB converter (also known as a USB Mic Pre-amp) will be more than you’ll ever need.
- M-Audio Fast Track Pro - for use with any dynamic or condenser microphone. Can also take a line level input from an analog mixer.
- M-Audio Audiophile 192 Sound Card - Replace your computer’s sound card with this 24bit 192KHz sound card to resolve many digital conversion issues.
- Behringer 1204 Xenyx USB mixer - for a home studio where you need excellent headphone monitoring. This USB-2 mixer will provide a faster data transfer rate and less latency (delay) if overdubbing tracks.
- Icicle is similar to MicPort Pro except that is does not have a built-in headphone monitor.
- M-Box for protools on a Mac. Not recommended for PC as this device will work best with Protools software.
- Tascam 122 if you also need MIDI control. If you don’t know what MIDI is, or you don’t need MIDI control, this unit will be more than what you need.