A System to Unlock the Door
The Keys to the Kingdom
Author of 101 Ways to Promote Yourself
Success is a mindset - a way of thinking about who you are and how you approach your work. When you change the way you think, you will change your life! Here are 26 proven ideas that can have a profound impact on your daily life and your voiceover career... but only if you apply them.
- Believe in yourself.
- Believe in success.
- Believe that you can and deserve to be successful.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, in success, or in that you can be successful, invest in yourself and find out why you don’t believe.
- Appreciate yourself. If you don’t appreciate yourself, you won’t fully succeed at making your clients feel appreciated.
- Honor each life experience, both positive and negative, that has brought you to this point in your development. See these as positive stepping stones that have brought you this far.
- Make a list your strong points. Put them in an order that works best for you.
- List what you have been told are your weak points and see if they are really strong points in disguise.
- Develop a proper appreciation of both your strengths and weaknesses.
- Ask yourself what you really want from yourself. List your expectations.
- Ask yourself what your family wants from you. What are the expectations they are imposing on you.
- Ask yourself which expectations are reality and which are ego driven. Study them well, make peace with both, then choose which work best for you.
- Create two goal sets. A long range, overview goal and immediate, possible, achievable goals.
- Be goal flexible. Don’t suffer if they are not working for you. Reevaluate your methods, then adjust them to more reasonable goals and go from there.
- Don’t have others do work without first understanding how it should be done.
- Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for guidance. Seek out the wisdom and guidance of others who have walked the same road.
- Love and respect everyone you come in contact with because, like you, they all are children of the universe. However, know that you don’t have to like everyone just because they all are children of the universe.
- Think carefully as to how you want to be treated, then treat everyone with the same intent.
- Give money back guarantees because you believe in them, not just because you know it’s good business.
- Take time to understand your market. To really understand your market. It will help you understand yourself.
- Give back to the community that supports you.
- Take calculated risks.
- Promote yourself, promote your business, promote your values.
- Use the LUCK system, Live Under Conscious Knowledge
- Always come from the heart.
- Help others to help themselves.
Raleigh R. Pinskey speaks internationally, coaches and consults on how to maximize your biz-ability thru visibility®. She is the author of the international best seller, 101 Ways to Promote Yourself and over 50 books, CD’s, MP3’s and information products to help you strategize on how to put your name and message in front of your target market over and over and over again, and get business to come to you. CEO of The Raleigh Group founded in 1980, Raleigh Pinskey is a recognized authority on PR, Branding, Publicity, Marketing and self-promotion. Check out Raleigh’s website, blog and e-zine at www.promoteyourself.com, its chock full of useful articles and case studies guaranteed to help you succeed. Raleigh will also be a presenter at VOICE 2008!