and Your Home Studio
Class size is limited!
What: Guest Instructor 1-Day event
Where: San Diego - VoiceActing Academy Studio
Time: 9am - 5pm - This is an all-day workshop, 1-hour lunch break (lunch not included.)
not just a voiceover talent... You’re also a recording engineer... And often you are your own director.
Today, it’s more important than ever that you have the skills to record high-quality audio from your home studio - and that you have competent engineering skills and knowledge of exactly how your recording software and equipment works. This is what our “Mastering Audacity & Your Home Studio” full-day workshop is all about:
Part 1: Mastering Audacity
Guest Instructor: Barry Trussell
Saturday - 9am - 1pm
In the first section of this two-part workshop, you’ll begin by learning everything you need to know about how to use the free Audacity recording software. You’ll leave the class knowing how to:
- download Audacity and the L.A.M.E. plug-in
- set the software to recognize your equipment
- connect your equipment to record your voice
- record basic voice tracks
- adjust your recording levels
- edit your recordings
- use essential effects and tools to optimize your recordings
- save your recordings as MP3 files
- deliver your audition or project recordings to their final destination.
Bring your laptop to get the most from this workshop!
If you have a laptop computer... bring it. We’ll have plenty of power outlets and Internet access for all who attend. Note: This workshop is presented with a video projection of Audacity, so everyone can see how it works. You do not need a laptop to benefit from this class and learn how to use Audacity.
1-hour lunch break from 1pm-2pm
Part 2: Mastering Your Home Studio:
Instructor: James R. Alburger
Saturday - 2pm - 5pm
During this second part of the class, James Alburger will cover the essential equipment you need for your home studio, and how to make everything work together. You’ll leave this class knowing:
- the essential equipment you need for auditioning and recording paid projects
- how to set up your home studio for under $300
- how to deal with acoustic challenges
- what to listen for in your recordings
- how to choose a mic that is best for you
- microphone techniques and how to make them work for you
- how your equipment works
- how to troubleshoot minor home studio issues
- and much, much, more
James will also be available to answer your questions about equipment, problems you’re having with your home studio, microphone technique, etc.
To register, click on the button below or call us at 858 484-0220.
Because this is a Guest Instructor workshop, we cannot offer a discount to Academy graduates. Handouts and supplemental materials are included with your tuition.