FILM AND VIDEO SOUND:
Following a 25-year career in television, James moved into working with independent and corporate film and video producers handling on-set sound recording and audio post-production.
Most of his film work has been for "shorts," but a feature-length documentary titled "American Socialist: The Life and Times of Eugene Victor Debs," (voice actor, music editor, and audio-post) has had national theatrical distribution. He has handled both location sound and audio-post for most of the films he has worked on.
Directors he's worked with include: David Boboro, Karen Schuback, Yale Strom, Mark Vizcara, and Ellory Yu
A partial list of recent production credits includes: (see www.CigmaMedia.com for clips and complete projects.)
- Once Guilty, Now Innocent, But Still Dead (2017) - sound mixer, audio post
- Forgotten Hero (2017) - sound mixer, audio post
- Country People (2018) - audio post, ADR, Foley
- A Gravel Road Trailer (2018) - audio post-production
- Runner (2018) - sound mixer, audio post
- To Dye For (2019) - sound mixer, audio post, music editor, title graphics
- Casual Call (in post-production) - sound mixer, audio post, Foley
- Will (in post-production) - sound mixer, audio post
- Noa (in post-production) - sound mixer, audio post, music editor
Corporate and Other Productions:
- 1944, The Podcast (Full cast audio drama) - casting, directing, audio post-production, music scoring (from libraries), music editing
- Creating Legacy: The San Dieguito River Park (Corporate) - voiceover narration, audio post-production, music scoring, music editing
- Carolyn Gross, Professional Speaker (Demo) - video editor, audio post-production
- Milo Shapiro, Professional Speaker (Demo) - video editor, audio post-production
- Antarctic Mike, Professional Speaker (Demo) - video editor, audio post-production
- Holiday Magic CD (marketing video) - camera, video editor, music editor
- Jay Stargaard, Artist (marketing and presentation demos) - video editor, audio post-production
James' IMDB pages will be found HERE and HERE.
Examples of his work will be found HERE.
AUDIO PRODUCER & DIRECTOR:
For more than 40 years James has worked with voiceover artists as a voice actor, director, performer and studio engineer in Los Angeles and San Diego. For 25 years, he was a director and audio producer for NBC in San Diego, receiving eleven Emmy Awards. Following his television career, James moved into professional voiceover and creative services with the establishment of VoiceActing.com and VoiceActing Studios where he received numerous Omni Intermedia Awards, the Communicator Award, and multiple Silver Microphone Awards for his work. He is currently an independent audio producer, voice actor, performance coach, professional speaker, author, and teacher.
In addition to his skills as a teacher, speaker, audio producer and creative sound engineer, James R. Alburger has more than 35 years of performing experience on stage (as a professional magician) and in the recording studio. His extensive knowledge and experience in radio, television, theater, communication, and sound design is brought together in his workshops and seminars to teach the skills needed to break into the business of voiceover and develop a successful voiceover career.